Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Crazy, Crazy, Crazy!

Well, here I am, sitting in a cyber in Ecuador! Almost 9 months later! I still cant believe I have almost 9 months in the mission. Time is flying by so fast but at the same time I feel like Ive been here forever.

I officially have the funniest looking tan lines in the whole world. Its really really bad haha... Im like a little white fish outta water here! Lol, but the ocean breeze is really nice.

I dont think I HAVENT eaten fish or shrimp since Ive gotten here... haha it used to be chicken and beef but now its sea food sea food sea food and SOMETIMES chicken.. still lots of rice though. I pray lots when we are eating that its not gonna make us sick lol our mamitas live in really humble houses... like I will be eating and all of the sudden chickens start running in like crazy! haha EW and I just remembered! the other day... there I was... drinking my juice... I was about half way done when I realized... ANTS.... HUNDEREDS....IN MY DRINK! Yuck.

This week was pretty hard not gonna lie... We had found quite a few people to teach but they are all falling through.. we had a person preparing for baptism but she didnt show up to church... so her date fell. We have a few investigators but its just rough because a lesson is more or less 30 min and then we just walk and walk and walk to find new people. We got a lot of doors shut in our face this week. Literally, one woman opened the door and I said "Hola, Como Esta, Mi nombre es Hermana Miller y ella es me.." BOOM door in the face without saying anything.

BUT even though there are a LOT of people that reject us, there are always the few "golden investigators" that we find and it makes everything worth it. 

Carnaval was SO loud! haha tons of music for three days staight! We just stayed in our house, two other sisters came to hang out with us... I made guacamole! It was really yummy. WE WATCHED TANGLED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I almost died of happiness! haha it was in spanish but I didnt even care. Lol other than that our leaders sent us a ton of studies and practices to do. I couldnt wash clothes either because the city shut off the water for two days. (not our drinking water.. just shower.. laundry.. dishes) but it went by fast.

Today for Pday we went to a cementary! haha it was so creepy! They dont bury people in the ground they make little cement houses for each one or sometimes for families, they are like little tombs haha, so that was cool



My new sector is really sandy, dusty, hot, flat, and full of sun, but there is a lot of work so we are good to go. My companion gets down really easy.. and doesnt talk much, so that makes it hard sometimes but I am trying my best to be a good example to her and always stay positive.

I know that I was called to this sector for a reason, and I promise I am trying my hardest to find out what that is! 

I love you all so much and hope all is well. I see little blessings and miracles every day.

love, Hermana Sunburnt

No comments:

Post a Comment