Friday, August 1, 2014

Bienvenidos a Ecuador!

Hola de Ecuador!
Im alive and well! Haha I am super tired and dont have much time but I was told to get on and tell you that my new Pday is on Mondays. So expect to hear from me then. I am going to be super busy here but I love it! It is BEAUTIFUL and ive already seen so much. including three iguanas!

My new address for letters and packages: use this one!
Hermana Megan Elizabeth Miller
Mision Ecuador Guayaquil Oeste
Casilla De Correo 09-04-206
Guayaquil, Guayas
Ecuador
packages HAVE to be less than four pounds or else they will cost a ton! I will explain more later so email me your questions! I LOVE YOU ALL.
-Hermana Miller... a REAL missionary!



Bienvenidos a Ecuador!

Well, its really hot here... which sucks because everyone keeps telling me its winter! They think I am crazy for thinking it is hot, they are always saying they are cold.
Ecuador is CRAZY different. You dont understand poverty until youve seen a third world country. Some houses have dirt floors, most are tin roofs, boarded up windows.. its crazy! I will try to get pictures to you sometime.
Right now I am sitting in a cyber sweating, trying to type as fast as I can! Haha my  companions name is Hermana Zarate (pronounced like Karate) she know a tiny tiny bit of Englsh, but not enough for us to communicate in English. Its really hard sometimes because I dont really have anyone to talk to. I just have to learn fast!
When I got off the plane I felt like the guy from the movie ¨"The best two years" ..... "this isnt the language I learned in the MTC" I pretty much feel like a sweaty idiot most of the day hahaha.. whatever.
Also, funny stuff.. the people here are obsessed with my eyes, skin, and hair... They get commented on all the time. Most of the time by creepy old men.
For example, we were contacting this guy asking him if he would be interested in listening to our message and of course.. me being a gringa, i didnt understand a word he was saying. after we said goodbye and walked away my companion said.. "I hate creepers" turns ouyt he was telling her he was in love with me and wouldnt only let us teachhim if I was the one who cam and he said "I think im in love with one of Gods sheep... thats a bad thing" hahahahaha oh boy.... also there are these trucks that drive around full of coconuts and this guy has a megaphone sayng "come buy coconuts, come buy coconuts..." and yesterday one drives by really slow and he says on his megaphone "EVERYONE LOOK AT THIS BEAUSTIFUL WOMAN, EVERYONE LOOK AT THE GIRL WITH BLONDE HAIR"... so ya ... If youre wondering.,.. I dont fit in. haha
A cute litttle girl asked if the reason my skin was white is because I drink a lot of milk. Haha funny stuff.
AND GUESS WHAT I went to the temple! Guayaquil temple! We got to do a session in Spanish! I wore a little translater headphone thing though, but I had to speak spanish! and I was sweaty so I felt weird to be in the temple.
ALSO I HAVE TWO BAPTISMS ALREADY. I really didnt teach much, because its hard for me to speak,  my companion did it mostly but I was the one to iinvite them and they excepted! For the 9th of august. :)
Yesterday for breakfast at an investigators house we ate Encebollado.... fish and onion soup. It wasnt gross.. but I could definietly go my whole life without eating it again. hahaha
I am always sweaty, and always tired, but im doing well.
This is a whole lot harder than I thought it would be. Its hard to explain, because you have to have expirienced it to understand it, but its hard. Different culture entirely, food, people, and I dont know how to communicate, I miss you guys so much but know that I am doing fine! Some days are harder than others but no matter what I was called here for a reason!
I hope I can catch the language fast because I am so lost. 

Love, Hna Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment