Friday, May 22, 2015

I can"t believe it!

I literally cant believe that I have been gone for such a long time. Time is such a weird concept. Especially in the mission. The days are so long but the weeks fly by. I know i've been gone for a year but then again it feels like yesterday I was saying goodbye to you guys at the airport. Haha, I still have a long ways to go but I know it will go by quickly. I dont know what to think about that. 

This week was pretty difficult. Omar and his son, turns out CANT be baptized for a couple reasons that are pretty personal to send through interenet. We had to stop working with them, it broke my heart. We extended THREE baptismal dates in ONE week! and..... (drumroll) everyone said no. 

We've had to leave a lot of investigators behind because they werent progressing, didnt wanna come to church, didnt wanna change bad habbits, and so now its been really hard finding people to teach. We walk A LOT. Sometimes I cant help but feel a little discouraged. It takes a lot of faith to leave investigators behind.. because we have to trust that God will guide us to new people that have been prepared by him to recieve this gospel.

After acouple of weeks of not having ANYONE in the church we finally were able to bring a mother, named Teresa, and her daughter, Dennise. Everything was great until after the classes when Teresa told us that she felt super uncomfortable, she is SUPER catholic and the church is really different so it kind of scared her a little. She told us she respects our religion and that we can continue visiting her, but that she wont come back.

I wanted to badly to cry.

I knew that the mission wasnt gonna be easy, but sometimes it surprises me at just how hard it can be. 

But at the same time I am learning to see the hand of the Lord in my life. When one door closes, another one opens.... and when THAT door closes, God opens the window. That day after church we were walking to lunch when we decided to contact a house we saw with little kids out front. We walked up to the gate and yelled HOLAAA BUENOS DIAS.. A VER and out came a woman she was SO nice (and laughed at my jokes) and she is married, lives there with her husband and her three kids! And she excepted an appointment :) We still dont know what will happen but I know that if its her time, everything will be okay!

I love you all! I love my mission! I miss you bunches and bunches but I know that we will see eachother soon. But until then... A TRABAJAR!

Love,
Sister Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment